Monday, October 22, 2012

awesome way to finish quilt binding

I usually join my binding in the middle of an edge but I recently found this neat way to do a mitered binding corner. I originally used this because i had different colored bindings for all 4 sides of my supernova quilt. Cyndi commented that this might be a neat alternative to joining binding on the edge. SO, I tried it yesterday and its a DO AGAIN! Great idea Cyndi!

Take a look at this method, its pretty neat. Sew each end to 1/4" from the end, making sure you don't catch the other binding. Fold one end down and measure 1/2" over and 1/2" down and mark a dot. Now sew on a line, connecting the two bindings, with a seam from where the two bindings meet(at that 1/4" seam, down to the dot we made, and then back out to where the seam line would have met. Here are better instructions. http://jovaliquilts.blogspot.com/2009/02/stitched-in-corners-binding-tutorial.html

See my pics (which may or may not be in order, Blogger is kinda funny about that). It makes a nice corner! it's easier than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blog readers!