Friday, July 04, 2014

Sheep handling system

So, Randy and I spent about eight hours over the last two days working on this.  We needed a better way to give shots and wormer to the sheep.  I used horse corral panels and attached sheep wire to prevent runaways.  And yes, sheep will jump through those panels if left as is for horses, I've seen it.

We also lined the chute with solid surfaces so no little feet would get stuck in a wire.  I ran all the sheep through this three times today.  Hopefully when I need to do this for real, everyone will cooperate.

If these pics post in the order I selected them, you will follow kira through the chute.  Then a look back at our handiwork.

The system is along half of the  back wall of the hay barn and then up the right side.  It allows me to store hay in front of it, I'll use cattle panels to surround the hay, and use the left half of the barn as well. 

Happy fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blog readers!