Monday, August 02, 2010

its HOT here.

Man its been SO hot this summer. But i'm trying not to let it slow me down.

Fly and I went herding today for the first time in TWO weeks. I have been experiencing withdrawal! She did VERY well again and was balancing to me and starting to 'rate' the sheep which means she is not pushing them to me too quickly. Only a couple of times did she push so hard that the sheep went around me and I ended up on the wrong side of the flock. She also did a nice easy pick up the first time. We need to continue working on the initial 'outrun' until we get to the point that she starts by my side, goes OUT to get the sheep and fetches them to me. Fun fun!

I've also been busy quilting charity quilts to get experience with my new quilting machine. I think i'm getting better with each quilt and also trying to get more creative as well. The last quilt I did with McTavishing and I think it turned out ok!

2 comments:

  1. quilt looks great!! Hope Fly enjoys sheep herding as much as you love watching/training her!!! you need to get her some sheep or goats of her own! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brother and sister-in-law have bets on how long it takes before we get sheep here! and yes, Fly loves it! otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blog readers!