Well, its been 4 months since we started herding with Laurie. I've been working fly since early July. We've both learned a lot. Fly has a decent pickup of the herd and does well with fetching them to me. She is balanced now which means she stays on the opposite side of the herd from me. We are ready to learn 'come by' and 'away' now! These are long videos but a very good example of what we do at each lesson. Laurie will tell me one or two things to correct each time. Wow, this is so much fun! Be sure to listen to Laurie on the audio, some interesting comments about herding, Fly , and the first time her dog ever saw ducks (at a trial!)
Part 1 of the Lesson
Part 2 of the lesson
so are you buying Fly some sheep of her own gor graduation yet???........seems like it's like teaching a kid to ride and bike that doesn't even own a bike! She can't just keep herding the horses and the cat forever. lol!!!
ReplyDeletewell, we have a LOT more to learn! But evidently there's a betting pool on when we buy sheep! And she DOES like herding the cat. hehe.
ReplyDeleteI want in on that pool!!!
ReplyDeleteGos claire, with sheep you get your field/lawn mowed, fertilizer, wool and then with that you can few more new hobbies, spinning, weaving, dyeing, needle felting, knitting, crocheting.............. are you grinning????
ReplyDeleteYES I'm grinning, you are crazy!
ReplyDeletean archive and a labels list, woohoo!! I learned a new blogger thing today about "following......"
ReplyDeleteand no, it's not that I discovered I am a follower not a leader. But that once in awhile I go to a blog that doesn't have a "follow" header or button only the subscribe buttons. I get plenty in my email box and didn't want to hit subscribe and have blog comments popping in there. But if I copy the http address all the way at the very top, then go my dashboard. Under the blogs I follow list, there's are "add" and "manage" buttons, click add, paste address, click follow and voile' a new blog to follow (some people might go well yea, duh, But I was proud of figuring that out!)
Looks to be time consuming.
ReplyDeleteHow often do you 'practice'?
It's a wonder you get anything else accomplished, Claire.
I did visit your blog and must have been called away before I had an opportunity to comment or become a Follower.
So now I've done both and hope to keep current
Hugs,
Gerry
ooops a slip of the keyboard !
ReplyDelete